Thursday 2 May 2019

FREE BOOKS – No catch



Open Education Resources (OER) such as Rice Universities “Open Stax” - https://openstax.org/ - project creates post16-level and AP certified digital textbooks that are free, sharable, and every bit as “authoritative” as traditional paper textbooks. 

The advantage of OER of course, is that no one single entity owns the material and texts can be…
·        augmented,
·        reorganised, and
·        rewritten to fit the needs of the user be it a single learning environment Educator or an entire Learning Provider Adoption.

No big time textbook publisher that I am aware of has that kind of model in place.

“OER is disruptive, money saving & shifts the power away from the publisher and towards the Educator and/or Learner."

If you give “Open Stax" a try or have already used "Open Stax “, do share your feedback, positive and/or negative, in the comments.

Thank you

P.S. To make it easier for you to locate posts that are appropriate, take a look at my two Live Binders at…
1.        https://www.livebinders.com/b/2510432 (for 2018 posts) and
2.        https://www.livebinders.com/b/2510566 (for this year’s posts)

P.S.S. Disclaimer: I don't have any relationship (financial or in exchange for services) with any of the items that I post.

"I post about items that I either like using myself or have found them to be very helpful and/or I feel that educators and/or Learners will find they can enhance their current practice by trying them out."

No comments:

Post a Comment