Thursday 11 July 2013

Is this the first step of a very long journey?

As I hope you are already aware, I try to share things that I find with as wide an audience as possible. 

Those "things" include anything that could enhance current practice within education.
The trouble is, the more I share the harder it is for me, and I guess you, to locate specific items.

My strategy, yes I have one, puts the emphasis on producing valuable, useful, and interesting content.
The primary objective, of the content I share, is to meet the needs of users; practitioners, learners, administrators, managers, assessors and other stakeholders.

Scoop.It! and Mindmeister to the rescue.

 

Scoop.It!: allows me to curate content that can be filtered by Tags. This helps visitors, and me, to focus on specific curriculum areas, tools, portals etc. Take a look at http://www.scoop.it/t/technologies.

Mindmeister:  on the other hand, I use to "create" publications; see below...

What has this to do with the "First Step"?
Well I've started to pull together, one "area"/step at a time, curations already posted, into one document. 
I'm using Mindmeister to do this and the end products will be made available upon completion.

Yesterday I posted the "First Step"!
It pulls together my "Art Finds" - take a look at http://www.acljohn.com/art.php. There is a pdf version and an Interactive version, created using Flipsnack.
Do feel free to share with colleagues, especially those working with Art learners.
P.S. Note I've added Star ratings for posts. It would be nice to have some feedback on this and/or other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment